if you have a loaf of bread and you notice the top peice is molded but its the only peice thats molded do you throw the entire loaf away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• YA usually. But we also freeze our bread so it doesn't go bad. Dh goes thru it fast anyways.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• umm yeah...thats disgusting.
    Anonymous

• Well back in the day I probably would of pinched it off but now I would just throw it away only bc one day I had some pumpkin pie and notice a dot of mold on it from the whole pie then I got a slice of it from on the other side and ate it....UGH!!! talk about getting sick....

throwing upsickSo just to be on the safe side THROW IT AWAY!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My husband would eat the whole thing. Wait! That's is with cheese.
    Just to be safe throw the whole bread as pp said.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 6:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yep, I toss the whole thing..the sight of mold in food makes me feel ill,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If it's bread you have to throw it away. The mold spores have gotten on everything in the bag. Other foods like cheese or sour cream you can scrape off the top or cut off the portion.
    Anonymous

• Mold starts out as tiny fibers too small to see. If you can actually see it anywhere, that means it's multiplied so much it's accumulated. Once you see it, that means the fibers have already worked through the entire loaf.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes I do, because bread hides mold better than almost any food does!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, what pp said. The inside of the bread bag has moisture and so the mold is everywhere.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2010