Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to handle?

im not sure how to handle situation ... i am in an 18 year relationship i have four children from previous marriage and one with current, i say children my oldest is 22 and our youngest is 17 . i have always lived for my children, they have been typical kids they get mad with me and go live with their dadof course that never lasted more than few wks &they were back, now that they are adults my husband makes me feel like he doesnt want them living with us. my 21 yr daug. found out she is preg. but unwed no help from baby dad & is living with us i am a home maker so his income is all . he is refusing to help out with anything for baby on way... i am so stressed what should i do????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • get a job. i got pregnant when i was 21, my SO helps alot but can only afford so much with the job he has now. my stepfather also doesnt like to help. my mom works 2 jobs to help me. i stay home with my son.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

  • I agree.
    It is not unreasonable for your hubby to have a problem supporting a grown daughter, if he's the only working person in the house, no matter what her situation.
    There is a difference in helping out your kids/spouses kids and then supporting them.

    Answer by Nynne at 6:55 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

  • There is a difference between helping someone and just completely doing for them. Try to come to a compromise...she can stay there, but needs to find a job, save money and find her own place. You can help her with the baby while she works, but she has to make her own way. There are plenty of single mothers out there that make it work every day. She just has to be responsible for her actions. You won't be a bad mother for telling her that, actually that will be helping her more than just letting her live with you and having your husband support her with his income. She won't learn anything from it.

    Answer by clhadley at 7:14 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

  • I'd get her on govt housing and PA. It's not his responsibility and you don't want him throwing you AND her out. She's old enough to figure things out on her own.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.