bikes and helments

Do you make your child wear a helment when they are riding their bike?? I am a young mom and I make my 4 year old wear hers but none of the children that ride up and down the street have one on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's up to you... We don't make our boys where a helmet unless they're on their dirt bikes... We live in the country so when they're on their regular bikes they are usually in the yard and not on hard pavement...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• yep.

and if I say its ok...you're in the backyard they put up a stink until they get their helmets on.

they've all taken bike safety courses at school - so don't even think about hopping on without the helmet.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:05 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes my DD always wears a helmet.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:20 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes I make sure they wear one. If my kids don't put on the helmet then they do not ride the bike. I think it's important for them to wear it. I do let them pick out their own helmets though because then it's not as hard to get them to put it on and keep it on.

Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yes, we make our kids, 4 & 10 wear helmets. None of the other kids do, but that's on their parents.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2010