any tips on potty training a 3 year old girl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stop putting diapers and pull ups on her. Put her on the toilet ever hour. Tell her this is where you go pee and poop.

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• im having the same prob i just let my dd run around naked and she was goin in her potty we have one in the living room and we just started putting panties on her sat....just be patient she will do it when she is ready no matter how many times you put her on the potty or dont put diapers on she will go when shes ready!! good luck mommy!!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Wait til she's ready.

My oldest would cry and shake anytime we tried the potty; even if I gave her a treat to eat while she was there and she went willingly she only did it for the treat she was still terrified.

The one day shortly after she turned 2 she saw her cousin (same age; had seen a lot before) using the potty and that day for whatever reason a flip switched and she was ready to use it.

She has had minimal accidents - only a couple of wet nights and a few daytime when we just couldn't get to a bathroom in time but otherwise she's been great - and I (personally) swear it's because SHE was ready to do it.

GL
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• She is 3 years old, when is she going to be ready? 5, 6 ,7,8,9,10?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• hmm - ok didn't notice that typo...my previous reply should have read she was 4 before she was ready to try - and honestly Anon 5:54 don't be a smart ass - some kids aren't ready at the same time as others are.

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2010