Job interview-Tell them I'm pregnant??

I have an interview tomorrow for a position in a small office setting. I really really want it. Problem, I am 3ish months pregnant. I am showing, but can still hide it depending on what I wear. I feel like I should tell them I'm pregnant so I don't have the akward conversation when I have to wear something that "shows" I'm pregnant, but I'm scared it will be interview suicide. What should I do??

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would tell them because they would want to know. If you hide it from them it can look bad and they can fire you still because no one knows why they get fired especially while on probation. You can't win by not being open and honest with your employer. If you want them to be understanding of you when you have to leave you'd want to find one that can hire you knowing your situation instead of finding out later about it and being mad enough to just fire you.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Tell them the truth.
    Anonymous

• If you tell them you probably won't get the job. It's very rare someone wants to hire a pregnant girl they're a lot of work, need a lot of time off and they pretty much can't fire you or they're screwed. Don't tell them.
    Anonymous

• No. Not if you want the job. You don't have to.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:18 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I would never tell a job I was pregnant before I was hired. They will have to find someone to cover your position for a month or more and I dont think any employer wants to do that. If you want the job I say don't tell them.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Actually, they can fire you for being pregnant, if the company employs fewer than 50 people. Tell them...otherwise you'll end up getting fired.
    Anonymous

• Don't tell them. You are early enough along where you could make like you just found out a week after they hired you. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't tell them- first it's none of their business, and this is probably not something that would make they want to hire you over someone that isn't pregnant.
    good luck with the job! hope it goes well!
    Anonymous

• No don't tell them!! You are not obligated to tell them that you are pregnant, and mostly they will definietly hire someone over you just because they know you will be gone for at least 6 weeks, and would probably not want to have to deal with it at all.....I went on an interview when I was 4 months pregnant and I didn't tell the lady nor could she tell that I was pregnant at the time. Go to the interview, get the job, and then be like oh....by the way...
    Anonymous

• Anon 9:09,

Did you get the job? How did they react when you told them?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 1, 2010