Does ur teen son hang out with u? e.g. movies mall etc? my son said no one does that.

what ur normal routine on the weekends? do they leave off to their friends without u knowing where their friends live???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• it's not being biast but the fact is if a parent is young looking and attractive then the teens will hang out with them but if parents are old looking and dress older then teens won't hang out with them
    Anonymous

• No.. He's 13, he doesn't run around with kids I don't know. We live in the country so he can't just walk out the door and go down the street. When we go to the movies, he goes, if he wants a friend along we pick them up and we all go together... He's not old enough to be out on his own, at least IMO..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• OP here: false 1st annon. ..im 37 and people think I look 25 my teen gets told by his friends that I'm hot and he gets mad. that's not the reason why.
    Anonymous

• My 13 yr old and I spend a lot of time hanging out. I also hang out with him and his friends playing basketball and just talking. My teen is not embarrassed to hang out with his mom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I have a 13 and 16 yo dd's, and if there is something else going on they are not with us. But on occasion the older on will go to the mall or movies with me. Some of her friends would rather I went than their own mom, which is nice. But on the whole they would rather be with their friends. I would rather be with them, but whatever!!! So, some times would be my answer.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My sons are 18 and 19yo Seniors and they generally work on weekends but we make a point to go to see a movie at least twice a month as a family, we go out to eat a few times a month and once the weather warms up we'll go to putt putt golf. Twice a month my husband and I take a teen and go out to lunch and a movie....he goes out with 1 and I go out with the other one week and then 2 weeks later we switch and whoever went with him goes out with me.We have 2 older sons who are 22 and 23 and when they were teens we had family outings once a month and because there were 4 of them he'd take 2 and I'd take 2 and we'd do something. Hubby and I are in our 40's and we look parental but they still like to go out with us. They also go out with friends and with their girlfriends but we always know exactly where they are and who they are with, we know their friennds.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My son is 14...he loves hanging out with me. LOL On his birthday, he and I went to the mall, the movies and the bookstore. Just me and him...he wanted it that way. He also spends the night at various friends houses or going to the mall and other places with friends. Sometimes he does hang out with kids I don't know, but, I trust his judgement.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My older son will hang out with me, but he's 26. My 15 yo likes to go places with his dad and I, but he prefers his friends and his marching band.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Maybe it is different because I have a daughter (16), but we hang out together a lot, shopping, movies, bike-riding, etc. As for weekends, she often goes to a friends or hangs out with her boyfriend, I just ask that she let me know where she will be & give me a call or send a text if she decides to go somewhere else.
    Anonymous

• My son is 19 and has a job working EVERY evening from 5-9pm. So, we don't do much together these days. But before he had this job, we went out to dinner, or to a movie 2-3 times a month. We were "together" like that throughout his life. I've been single since he was 2.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2010