*this is for mother with piercings*

I had my nipples done 4 weeks ago and i been cleaning themon and off... but for a whole week i 4got =( well anyways the side bar of on of them has white stuff coming out. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am a piercing artist...the stuff you are describing is called lymph. it's made up of white blood cells and it's a sign that your piercing is healing....the only reason you would need to be concerned if if the piercing became red, swollen, and had green or yellow goo coming from them...just keep cleaning them cause they're healing fine
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I don't have piercings, but white stuff sounds like pus. You might want to get it checked out. You could prob go back to where you got it done. They should be able to tell you.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• cleaning them*

yea I will soon i just wanted to know if it was normal
    Anonymous

• Alot of my piercings did that no matter how much I cleaned them, my ears, my belly button, my tongue.....I have cleaned all my piercings very well and it went away in a couple of days, but I know how my body reacts to piercings, i'd go get it checked out too
    GothicMama

Answer by GothicMama at 8:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Aliis is right, I had mine for 10 years and it sounds perfectly normal. No worries.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:56 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• White and clear stuff coming out is actually good. It means it's healing.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:32 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I used to have my nipples pierced and I still have that white stuff coming out. It's been almost 9 years since I took the rings out. As soon as I can afford to and I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding I'm getting them redone. I miss my nipple rings.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 1:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2010