Will a nap be possible?

Going to be having two children only 14 months apart... is it going to be possible to take a nap with them any more??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yes... family nap time! I was able to take a nap with both kids in the afternoon until my older was 4.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:58 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• If they nap at the same time, sure. That might not happen all the time, but it might sometimes.

My two are 22 months apart, but my older one is still a heavy sleeper. At first, when the baby was a newborn and slept all the time, I could have napped when my toddler was napping, as well. Then when the baby started taking scheduled naps, her two naps were on either side of my toddler's one nap, so not feasible for me to nap. But after a while, she started taking one nap, and it's at the same time as my toddler's, so now a nap for me would be a possibility again. (All this, of course, if I was actually at home to nap...which you apparently will be.)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:01 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Don't count on it. Get used to the sleep deprivation. My brother and I are 15 months apart, and my mom said it was hardest adjustment in her life, having two toddlers.
    Anonymous

• Put them down for naps at the same time. My first two were 16 months apart and they napped 1 nap a day at the same time, and darn tootin I napped then too!
    Anonymous