Did any of you do anything special for Holy Thursday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• not this year, no. i moved away from my church but i will be able to make it back for easter. we always had special stuff for thurs. , good fri. and easter (of course) there. i miss it :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We went to Mass this evening. This is the first time I have been on Holy Thursday and it was really interesting, I'm glad we went.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:37 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• We observe Holy Week, from Palm Sunday through Easter ... Each day has a particular mood - and particular events of each day are described in the Bible.
    We very much appreciate Emil Bock's scintillating presentation of Holy Week, and of the other events in Christ's life, in his book The Three Years.
    So, we read Emil Bock with the chapters of the Bible Rev. Bock is discussing.

And on Maundy Thursday we put the symbols of the Last Supper on our festival table - a chalice or a wineglass, a small plate with bread ... It would be great if we owned a print of the painting of the Last Supper, but oh well.

When the children were old enough, we used to have the bread and "wine" (actually grape juice), as a refreshment while we did the 20 minutes of reading for the day.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Yep playing pranks in good fun on friends and family.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• how do you relate that to Holy Thursday hot mama? What does pranks have to do with the spirit and idea Christians celebrate on Holy Thursday?
    Anonymous

• No. Our church had church, like every Maundy Thursday, but DH is gone and I wasn't going to try to take all the kids. So I let them paint (a new thing for us, I've never bought paints for at home before) and play outside before supper. We'll go to church Sunday morning.
    Anonymous

• We went to Holy Thursday Mass. The readings where of course wonderful. Then After the Homily FAther then washed the feet of twelve select people.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2010