What's the dumbest reason you stopped talking to a friend?

Mine is a friend asked me how much profit I was making off a rental property I own. I didn't feel comfortable telling her (none of her business) and she flipped out on me cursing, yelling etc. We were friends for 20 years. That was last July. Haven't talked to her since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• bc she told everyone at her work we were a couple..... and she is my stepsister first off and secondly i'm not a lesbian..... ok maybe that wasn't a dumb reason but she's the only friend i have ever 'broken up with'
    Anonymous

• I was just thinking about this today!

I left half a bottle of vodka at her house when I was like 21, and I told her to keep it, so maybe 6 months later I was with some other friends and we didn't have money to go to a bar and I remembered the vodka, but when I called to ask her, she said she'd dumped it, so I forced her to buy me a new one, knowing she didn't have the money than, and needless to say we didn't speak for a few months after that. All is good now! This was a few years ago anyways.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• It wasn't me not talking to my friend but the other way around. The reason was because she got pregnant freshman year college. Her boyfriend told her to abort. I told her to make a decision for herself because she has to live with it. So she told him she was keeping it. Then there was some concern because she got some vaccinations before going to school and she thought they may cause a problem like blindness in the baby. So he said "ok, you can keep it UNLESS there is a problem, then you would have to give it up for adoption." I told her he's a creep for saying that. He told her she can never speak to me again. And she hasn't. They are married and still together. And she still doesn't have the balls to pick up the phone and call just because he says not to.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• it wasnt me doing the breaking up, my cousin started crap with me then stopped talking to me because i became with her brother's fiance..i figured if this girl was going to be in our family i should give her a chance. my cousin hated her for reason i still dont know...
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My ex-friend stole a bottle of perfume from my bathroom. It's such a dumb reason I know, but if I can't trust her to use my bathroom, then I don't want her in my home or in my life. If she asked me for it, I wouldn't have thought twice before giving it to her... but 28 years old and stealing? Thank God it was a bottle of perfume on the counter and not my wedding ring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• a friend and I stopped talkin because she talked crap behind my back and I found out. I don't like shit talkers and I don't like the fact she couldn't tell me to my face
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2010