ellipticals to loose the baby weight

I want to know if anyone has use and elliptical to help with loosing the baby weight and how well it worked? Whats your take on the whole treadmills/running vs. ellipticals? I am curious because I am thinking about purchasing one!

j_21408

Asked by j_21408 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think it's more important to get involved with a basic inexpensive exercise routine like walking or doing exercise videos before purchasing an expensive piece of equipment with. How do you know you'll stick with it? Anything you're consistent with will work. My mom and sister love the elliptical, though.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• well i found a cheap one on craigslist and was just wondering what other moms thought about it!
    j_21408

Answer by j_21408 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• physical activity. ANY activity

along with a healthy lifestyle - fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats, low fat dairy. eliminate sugar, and WHITE food from your diet - bread, potatoes, sugars.

drink water - not pop or coffee.

there's a great free program through active.com called 'bye bye baby weight' that I found....daily reminders of what you need to do that day for physical activity.

I can't use elliptical - it messes up my hips. but I run, ride bike, follow workout dvds - Jari Love's Ripped series is AWESOME.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I find my exercise video works better. It's 55 mins and it goes by a lot faster than any of those machines ever did. I would only want to do the bare minimum (30 mins) on the machines, but my 55 min "dance it off" video is much more fun! I also seem to be burning way more calories, since the weight is falling off more quickly.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 10:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I do both Jillian Michaels video and the elliptical. At night, my husband and I will do a 300 calorie workout while we watch tv. We stay better motivated, because we both go on, obviously one at a time. I thinks it's a great workout and you can go both forward and backward. Put it near a tv, it makes it so that is not boring.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2010