Does she seem too tiny?

My 21 month old daughter is only 22lbs and 30 inches tall. Does that seem too little for her age? We are in the process of getting Medicaid since DH got laid off but it could be awhile till we can see a doctor for well check ups. I just wanted to see what some of you ladies thought. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lol my daughter is almost 3 and weights 25lbs and she is fine. Don't worry so much. If she is eating well and acting fine, then she is probably fine.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Every child grows at their own rate. At my sons last check up, 15months. He weighted 21lbs. Hes in like the 50th percential for his height but only the tenth for his weight. But his doctor isnt the least bit concerned. As long as he is eating and is growing. He is hitting all of his milestones. She seems a little small, but as long as she is eating well, you probably shouldn't be concerned.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 10:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Hahaha ummmm....my 8 month old weighs 22lbs and is 29 inches long.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Seems fine. During the 1 yr stage kids dont grow very much.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Like pp said, if she's eating well i wouldn't worry about it. My dd is 18mo, weighs 19lbs and is 31inches. I was also told that since dd was completely bf with no formula she wouldn't be as bulky as ff babies. And you have genetics to consider.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 11:44 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• as long as she is not losing weight and hitting her milestones she should be fine. maybe she is just small. my 5 year old is 39 pounds, she has always been little. my 20 month old is 27-28 pounds.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I wasn't much bigger than her in Kindergarten. LOL In third grade I was still wearing 6x clothes and a little kids 12 shoe. So, I say she is fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• my middle dd was smaller than that at that age (she was 21lbs at 2years old). she's almost 7 and is about 33pounds soaking wet.

some kids are just tiny petite little things - look into your family genetics, what size and shape people are there in yours and daddy's family? my dh's grandma is a teeny tiny petite little lady - where the tiny side came from.

as long as she's healthy, happy and hitting all the milestones she should. she eats healthy , is active...she's perfectly fine, just tiny.

my other two are different as well - oldest is TALL and skinny (the age of gangly arms and legs), youngest is "normal" textbook size kid.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• kids come in all shapes and sizes. My just turned 4 yo is 35 inches tall and weights 30 pounds. She was also 5 pounds 13 ounces full term at birth. A long as yur child is active and eatting well and following a steady growth curve she's fine. Mine has always been in the 3 percnt but for her its normal.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My son is 19 months and is 22 lbs. He was 31 1/2 inches 2 months ago so I'm sure he's gained some length since then. He eats well and is always, ALWAYS on the go! I wouldn't worry!!
    Anonymous