newborn needs for the first month?

I have a little less than a month and a half left with this preg(#2) Just want to make sure im not forgetting anything....pack n play, carseat, daipers, wipes, onies, hats, socks, pacifiers, bottle just in case BF doesnt go as planned, boppy pillow, recieving blankets...what am I forgetting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• are you co-sleeping or what are you gonna put her to sleep in? that's the only thing i can think of lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Lol first thing on the list is pack n play, but may decide to cosleep depending on the BF sitution....But I swear there is something i am forgetting....
    Anonymous

• o i thought that was a play pen... not a bed sorry i didn't even think about they could sleep in there lol. i guess that's why mine is gathering dust in the garage lol. my kids lived in the little footie pj's for the first couple of months lol.... other than that i can't think of anything
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• 1. Basinett
    2. Rectal thermometer
    3. Cotton balls
    4. Petroleum jelly (for use with rectal thermometer)
    5. Burp cloths
    6. Children's Tylenol
    7. Bath tub
    8. Nail clippers
    10. Rubbing Alcohol (to clean thermometer)
    11. Gas drops
    12. Bath towels and wash cloths
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• lol, our pack n play has the bassinet part up top and a changing table part......footie pjs is a good idea too, and the other poster said gas drops...need to add those to my list..thank you, keep thinking of ideas
    Anonymous

• Blankets! Although I don't use them for him to sleep in, babies need blankets to keep warm in their carseats, etc. Baby body wash or a very mild soap. My doctor recommended olive oil for dry skin although I use Aveeno baby lotion. Desitin for diaper rash (if you ask me, Desitin is best). Perhaps a dye free and fragrance free laundry detergent. You may want a sling or wrap of some sorts if you want to "wear" your baby.
    If you're going to try bf, I wouldn't introduce a paci until your supply is well established. =)
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 11:11 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• socks to keep feet warm, even with a blanket my son needed socks he feet would get so cold at times
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I don't think a bath tub is needed...i had one and used it maybe 2 times in 13 months....don't spend your money on it. If you are having a girl you might want bows or something overly girly, so no one asks if it's a girl. lol

honestly, my theory is the only thing you actually really need is clothes and boobies and somewhere for the baby to sleep. :)
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 12:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• How about a strong dose of CONFIDENCE? And a copy of "So That's What They're For" to reassure you on the breastfeeding.

I had everything everyone has listed...USED only carseat, dipes, onesies, wipes, towels and washcloths. Didn't need the receiving blankets or socks. WAYYY too hot. I did have and use a bassinet. But the first aid kit didn't get touched till he was a toddler! Plain water was fine for all washing needs.

I'll add these things to your list. SLING. And LANSINOH. Vital tools and the only things I can see that you've forgotten.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2010