What do think this scriture means? Proverbs 1:7 NIV: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline

I also wanted to give out this April fools day prayer!
“God of fun, keep April Fool’s Day safe for all. Let laughter and joy abound, and help all rejoice in a new month with You. Amen.”

Sometimes, one might take a prank or joke personally. The following bullet prayer, a repeated prayer, might calm anxiety when April Fool’s Day rubs the wrong way:

“God of (insert funniest thing one can think of at the time), let me laugh. Amen.”

Repeat this prayer and the image that comes to mind with it when grumpy or upset about an April Fool’s prank . The exercise may, eventually, change one’s attitude. Of course, no amount of prayer will rectify a tasteless or harmful joke. In that case, a more direct approach may be warrented.

Don't forget the jokes! Sorry had to include those!

Q. What excuse did Adam give to his children as to why he no longer lived in Eden?
A. Your mother ate us out of house and home.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anonymous-- nope WQ, you were wrong :-)

About what?  Christians being the bigger fools for believing in fairy tales?  Saying that god doesn't exist because you can't provide one iota of proof that he does?  It's really hard to take you seriously when you hide behind the anonymous tab.  It tells me that you have doubts of your own, or you would stand up with a little more courage and a little more faith.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• Q. Which servant of God was the most flagrant lawbreaker in the Bible?
    A. Moses. He broke all 10 commandments at once.

Q. Which area of Palestine was especially wealthy?
    A. The area around Jordan The banks were always overflowing.

Q. Who is the greatest babysitter mentioned in the Bible?
    A. David. He rocked Goliath to a very deep sleep.

Q. Which Bible character had no parents?
    A. Joshua, son of Nun.

Q. Why didn't they play cards on the Ark ?
    A. Because Noah was standing on the deck. ( Groan ...)

PLEASE ENJOY.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God;
    only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Psalm 14 “The fool has said in his heart, there is no God.”
    Anonymous

• Jeez, I would think the fool is the one who says "My god exists. He is a kind and loving father, even if many people died by his command and by his hand in the O.T. And, yes, he will send you to hell if you refuse to believe in him (as if this option is even a CHOICE). And he knows everything. But, no, I can't prove ANY of this. You just have to pretend it's true. You have to BELIEVE!!" I would highly recommend the loony bin for any person with this kind of foolish delusion. There is no god. And if there IS, he knows where to find me in order to convince me I'm wrong.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• To some extent it is nonsense, because knowledge rarely stems from fear. So "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge" isn't a very good starting point. Though "but fools despise wisdom and discipline" makes some sense. What it really boils down to, unfortunately, is that someone was saying "you can't be wise or knowledgeable unless you believe what I do and fear learning from those who do not agree."

Anonymous

• nope WQ, you were wrong :-)
    Anonymous