Has anyones little on been put on prevacid?

My son has been on zantac for a while for continuously barfing, they just put him on 15 mg prevacid and i was wondering how well it worked for u because we need something good! He seriously barfs up half his bottle but he still seems to gain weight so it dont bother with that it just makes him really messy and fussy. Also they told me to stick it between his cheek and gums to devolve but my mom seems to think you can stick it in a dropper and add water to dissolve it in there and then squirt into his mouth but they told me to not even put it in his bottle because it needs to dissolve into the gums.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was on this and I put it on a spoon with wtaer and mixed it with my finger and then put it ina dropper and gave it to him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• My son was on this. We put it in a dropper and let it disolve in there and then gave it to him. It going into his gums isn't going to do anything. Also it will not stop the throwing up completely it is mainly to help with the pain.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 10:50 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• my son is on it and i get it as a liquid already. I works great zantec didn't work on mine either.
    trachmom312

Answer by trachmom312 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If it's the solutab it's fine to mix with water. My son was on it but he is allergic to milk and prevacid is made with milk so it made him worse. Are you sure your son's problem isn't a milk allergy?
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• previous post...my daughter has a milk allergy and her doc put her on prevacid....wonder if thats why she hasnt stopped throwing up...hasnt made it worse...but hasnt made it better either....and as for the question...my pharmacist told me to mix it with as little water as possible and give it to her with a dropper only takes like .5-1 mL of water to do it
    maddie12284

Answer by maddie12284 at 2:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My dairy allergic son was on the solutabs - they were soooo much better than zantac, which is not much better than mint vodka. When he was younger than 6 months I would crush the dose and drop in on his tongue. As he grew, I would just put it in his mouth. He loved the taste. He got off of it just after his first birthday and was reflux free by 15 months.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My son started previcid a few months ago and it worked wonders. No more throwing up at all! They took him off of it for a month and he started throwing up again. My pharmacist said you can mix a 15mg pill in 5ml of water until it breaks apart then give it to him, but after he takes it fill the dropper up again and shake it to get all the medicine out and give him the water too.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 4:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My son was on it. It didn't work and tore his stomach up. I wouldn't recommend it.

Try Mylacon, Gripe Water, or a baby probiotic.

They work much better and don't cost $75 a prescription
    Dajennible

Answer by Dajennible at 7:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My fiance's 2.5-year-old son is on it but we aren't really sure why-- his mom is totally psycho and won't release the kid's medical information. All we really know is that he "can't have milk" (though he never showed signs of lactose intolerance or anything like that) and that he gets "acid reflux" though he was never much of a puker and never showed any sign of pain or discomfort. So, we are clueless.

We were told just to give it to him, that "he knows how to take it". He chews it... which it expressly says not to do. So, I don't know.

Not much help, am I :) Sorry. I like the idea of mixing it with a teeny bit of water and using a syringe or dropper... seems the most efficient way to deliver it.
    coffee.crisp

Answer by coffee.crisp at 7:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Both of my daughters are on it. My oldest DD who is 4 has had horrible reflux since birth she had a Fundoplication surgery (wrapping her stomach around her esophagus) to stop her from refluxing because she has had esphogitis since she was 10 months old.. She is still on Prevacid..
    My LO who is 6 months has been on it since she was 1 week old due to her having severe reflux issues as well.

I used a syringe for my oldest with 5 ml's of water. Then would refill and do it again to make sure she got all of it. I am doing the same with my LO, my oldest also had to have a mickey tube due to her failure to thrive since she was so malnourished because she couldn't hold anything down. She also developed gastric ulcers at 10 months old.. I really hope that the prevacid helps. If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here~
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010