do you think there is anything wrong with me or my partner if no result after ttc for eight months?

he is 25 but im 18. he does have a past with drugs and alcohol but im dont smoke and hardly drink.....i just would like some insight and advice please and no insults because of my age..

sshopkins

Asked by sshopkins at 11:04 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• We tried for two years before we were blessed with a miracle. It is hard, and it hurts. It feels like your heart is being torn out every time the bleeding starts. But there will come a time. Sometimes you have to give up before you can get what you want.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 11:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• There could be. I'd keep trying for a few more month and once you hit the 1 year mark, if you haven't been able to conceive, I would go see a specialist about it. Sometimes there is a legitmate reason, with 1 or both people and other times everything is completely fine and its just tricky. I have a cousin who tried to conceive for 4 years. Doctor after doctor kept telling her nothing is wrong...they finally ended up just getting IVF done because they both were approaching the 35 mark. Now they have twins!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• well, don't stress about it.... that won't help (i know it's hard lol). some advice i got that i swear by is to act like you're pregnant when you're ttc. so take your prenatals every day, no drinking, etc. and eat healthy/ moderate exercise. it won't hurt to try that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• thanks for all the answers...im gonna try out this one product that according to success stories worked for many people in the first month.. it is called ferilaid...heres the link for more info...http://www.fertilaid.com/
    sshopkins

Answer by sshopkins at 11:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• im 19 and we have been tryin for a year. One MC. so i guess it just takes time and doctors wont deal with you unless its be a year or so.... sorry
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Check this out...www.tcoyf.com. There may be nothing wrong but timing.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• TOOK US ALMOST 3 YEARS AND WE WERE DOIN IT ALL THE TIME.....MY SECOND TOOK ALMOST A YEAR......IT COULD TAKE A WHILE.....IT TOOK MY COUSIN TEN YEARS
    Anonymous

• oh wow thats a long time to wait for a kid...i probably would have given up by a year and a half..or start trying a lot of different things
    sshopkins

Answer by sshopkins at 8:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• I wonder if that fertilaid stuff works ? Anyone know? I've been KIND OF ttc for ... 4 yrs ... nothin!! I was obsessed on and off ... but Ive kind of given up for now. But Id like to know if that stuff could help!!?
    ktothab66

Answer by ktothab66 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 6, 2010

• sshopkins:

me and my husband just purchased ferilaid almost a week ago. i really hope it works for us and you as well. we read the sucess stories too and a lot of people got prego from it so good luck.. let me know if it works for you
    ashharford

Answer by ashharford at 7:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2010