Do i believe my son or the teacher?

My 14 year old son has always been respectful and a very good kid. He is friends with everyone and has never been in trouble at school ( and as a matter of fact never really at home either, he has maybe been grounded less than a handful of times) .

That is, until now. A few weeks ago he got a detention becasue he had a sub teacher in one of his classes, and that eacher made a report saying my son was disrespectful and used profanity against him. Well now he is getting suspended because he had this sub again, and that teacher made anotehr report on him saying he was being disrespectful and using profanity again.

Well all of my sons friends who are in that class say it isnt true and that, that teacher just has something against my son. Every other teacher he has and has had love him... I just dont understand !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• with teachers these days it is hard to tell! teachers are known to bully kids too!
    I would just let is slide honestly.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Hmmm thats a tough one. Growing up, I had a teacher that completely exhaggerated everything I did into some huge dramatic thing and blew it way out of proportion. I actually had an english teacher once that told the principal I plagerized a paper, because "it was so good that there was no way I could have written it." I had to go through so much crap to not get suspended for her completely ridiculous and unfounded claim. I would believe your son. If this seems really out of character for him, and he is a good kid, it'd be hard for me to believe a sub who sees him for 1 day.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I would take your complaints to the principal. If this teacher is really lying about your son, the principal needs to know about it so s/he can make the decision not to allow them to sub at their school anymore. And if your son does get suspended that goes on his record. Good luck!
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 11:19 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't punish him. I would sit him down and say because you have never done anything to cause me to distrust you then I believe that you did nothing wrong but if I find out you did lie that trust will be gone and you will have to work to earn it back over years. Thats how my parents did things and I never wanted to lose that trust because it meant I had freedom. Its why I called when I was running late or admitted when I screwed up. I would rather be punished all day long then have my mom not trust me. I do the same thing with my family and so far its worked out well. I agree with the pp that there are some seriously messed up teachers out there. Most are good but some are not at all.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Sometimes good kids just get in trouble. I know I was a mild-mannered-goody-two-shoes and still managed to get a detention or two.

Happens as we're adults too - traffic tickets, or trouble at work when you're really not doing anything wrong.
    Anonymous

• Have a meeting with your child and the sub and the principal.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Give your son the benefit of the doubt just let it go and see what happens if anyone knows your son it is you if you feel in your heart that your son is telling the truth don't even worry about that teacher maybe your son reminds him of someone he dislikes or something weird I know but some people are this way. Sooner or later this teacher will get caught some how. Anyway I would believe my son over a stranger. GL
    Anonymous

^^^I would do this too. ^^^
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• I'm inclined to side with your son, especially if he's never really given a reason to doubt his word. As others have suggested, have a meeting with the teachers and the principle.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Teachers can be huge assholes. This is a sub, and not his regular teacher. I would call for a conference with his regular teacher and the sub and the principal and vice principal and tell them your concerns. sounds like this teacher may have a vendetta against your son...who knows why????
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2010