ACORN videos heavily edited no charges does this change your views on O Keefe?

Rather than give advice on prostituting underage girls, human trafficking and cheating on taxes, the attorney general's office found ACORN members at times caught on to the scheme and called the police in the portions of the videos that were cut.

"Sometimes a fuller truth is found on the cutting room floor," Brown said.

To obtain the full tapes, Brown's office agreed not to prosecute conservative activists James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles, who played the pimp and prostitute in the video, even though the report found they likely violated state privacy laws.

In California, O'Keefe used hidden cameras on visits to ACORN offices in San Diego, San Bernardino and Los Angeles. State law requires both parties to give consent before a conversation is recorded.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Apr. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Link? andI am not REAL sure what coud be said on either side to make what WAS on the video ok. AND......California Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr. today released a report, including newly obtained videotapes, that shows some members of the community organizing group ACORN engaged in "highly inappropriate behavior," but committed no violation of criminal laws.

Brown's report also uncovered "likely violations" of state law, including dumping 500 pages of confidential records into a dumpster, failure to file a 2007 tax return, and four instances of possible voter registration fraud by ACORN in San Diego in connection with the 2008 election, as well as other irregularities in the group's California operations. These irregularities have been referred to the appropriate authorities

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• Wow...its late here and that was FULL of grammatical errors...sorry about that! ANYWAY......I think that if this guy doing whatever he did cause all the OTHER illegal activities of this group to FINALLY be dealt with....I am good with it :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 1, 2010

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100402/ap_on_re_us/us_acorn_california

They called the police on the "pimp". it was heavily edited

Anonymous

• I knew the tapes were heavily edited the moment I saw them. The quality was ridiculous.

The thing that still stuns me, though, after interviewing the folks in the San Bernardino office (only a few miles from my radio station) was that they NEVER ONCE said, "This is an April Fools joke, right?" NO expressions of incredulity. The guy I talked with said he didn't believe the whole setup and says he probably wasn't smart to not have stated that. NOT that such an admission would have made O'Keefe's cut.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I still think ACORN is as crooked as the day is long. They've been involved in a lot of other shady activities. I would never trust anything a liberal says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I agree with anon. There are plenty of other allegations out there that have nothing to do with the videos.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• agree with sopranomommy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No, I already though he was a low life, he just pleaded guilty to breaking the law in his OTHER case...He COULD have had a career, now he will not be taken seriously

I wonder if this will be ALL over FOX like the EDITED version was...probably not

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Those who supported this pair will see nothing wrong with what he did. After all, since he was "exposing a corrupt organization" any methods he used were justified.

Please. I think they should have charged him. Linda Tripp had her ass handed to her repeatedly for recording without two-party permission in a state that requires it.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Um, no. The editing was not "heavy" and the agency really did give advice on how to beat the laws on all those horrible and very illegal activities. Yes, the guy who did the sting is an idiot. So what? It's okay to traffic underage girls into this country to use as prostitutes just because someone used a hidden camera? Dateline and tons of other media organizations do this all the time for a hell of a lot less offensive acts. The disgusting thing is all of you who defend using young girls as prostitutes and an organziation heavily funded by the government.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2010