Keeping him out of?

Can anyone tell me how they keep their baby out of the dog food and water? He trys to eat the dog food, and thinks the dogs water is his own swimming pool. I have been keeping it put up but the poor dog needs to eat and drink too. Any helpful ideas on how to keep him out of it? He is 11 months old

Newmommys101

Asked by Newmommys101 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL I am sorrry but that is funny! No pets so I have no advice.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• unfortunety just keep redirecting him. I know its frustrating, been there with 4 kids and our cats!! but also can reasure you atht eventually my kids all lost intrest...much to the cats releif!!! And I look back at that battle and giggle cuz it really was cute with each of them!!
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• oh I think its funny, I cant help but laugh when he has to be changed becosue he is wet from head to toe from getting in the dogs water. I was just wondering since this is my first child if there was any way other then redirect becouse I can do that all day long and he just keeps going back and gets mad when I take him away from it. I have to keep it up right now. What have others done to keep them out of it is the question.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Could you possibly put the food and water somewhere that dog can get, but baby cannot? Like outside? Behind a doggy door? Maybe try the kind of dish that only dispenses a little bit of water at a time (and food can stay up except for doggy meal times)? IDK really if any of that would work in your situation... there are a thousand things here that my daughter can/does get into, especially in the yard, and I'm just basically on constant watch, but in the house there is very little she can get into... so I'm just throwing out suggestions.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My grandson does the same thing. My son's dog comes over and heads straight for the food and water at my house and chows down before my grandson can get to it and someone picks it up. My son says the dog does get some food and water at home but he is always watching to make sure the dog doesn't get dehydrated since we live in the desert. The dog will drink out of the toilet. Gross but toilet water is actuallly not supposed to be that bad and it's better than being dehydrated.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• There is a doorway that seperates our living room and where the dog food is. I had a huge pieces of peg board about 2.5 feet tall and about 4 feet long. I use it to spererate the dog (animal, food, and water) from the baby. She sits and throws all the dog food into the water. I keep them seperate because she pesters the dog and the dog spends the whole time out in the living room tail tucked between legs running from my daughter. Is there a spot that you could seperate the food and stuff from where he plays.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:28 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• haha yes PLEASE tell me too my son use to eat the food, now he just either dumps it all everywhere or the one i have the most throws the dogs food into the water bowl. That is so nasty to clean
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2010