Anyone else need another child like a hole in the head?

I have a 1 year old and tons of people I know with kids this age or a little older are already pregnant or want to be pregnant again! For the life of me, I cannot fathom having another child so soon. The thought of it sends shivers down my spine! Maybe I"m just a one-child kind of person? (She was a very difficult infant) Did anyone feel this way and then change their mind later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol I know!!! DD is 3 months and Dh is wanting to plan another one. I'm like hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I told him I'd talk about it ten years, no way I want go through all that again!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 1:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My first son was a VERY high need baby. I really didn't think I would ever have anymore kids after him. I am sometimes still amazed I actually made it through the first couple of years with him. Lol! He was diagnosed with Asperger's recently, so that explains alot.
    I did start thinking about having another when he was almost three yrs old. By the time he was 4 we had another. Now my second is SOOO much easier! It is amazing how "easy" he is. If he was my first I wouldn't understand why people complain so much about how hard it is to raise a baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• no lie if i got pregnant right now, i swear id shoot myself, or jump infront of a train! why the hell do girls get pregnant on purpose?!!! my insurance covers tubaligation, and believe me im getting it! and btw im not having sex w/ my man either, dnt wanna risk it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I really want more kids, just not now. But my DH says that one is more than enough. So what's a girl to do? If it happens again for me it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Certainly not worth shooting myself. XD
    .carrie.

Answer by .carrie. at 3:17 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have 3 kids, a 3 year old boy, a 2 year old girl, and a 5 month old girl. I LOVE IT! Having them so close together is amazing. I can't stand the idea of having a 10 year old and a newborn.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 4:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Hows this for ye? ;) I have a 2yrold and an 8mo.old. and I'm due in May!
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:30 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Oh, and my DH wants 5...:)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 8:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• We have two and there is no chance that I want another one. When I had my first, she was the perfect baby. I wanted another one and could hardly wait to get pregnant again. My son was a terrible baby. He ended up being a good toddler and now a good excellent 4 year old, but the two of them fight terribly. I am quick to realize that I have all the children I need!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Seriously. My first was an easy baby - never cried without a good reason, not fussy or anything. However, it still took me 5 years to decide to have another and the second was not an easy baby. I'm done now. I got tied. I am NOT going through the baby thing again. Plus, being pg sucks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I wanted 2..I got 2. They are 19 mos apart. (they are now almost 23 and 24)

On the other hand, my sister has 6....hers are 26, 21, 20, 18, 9 and 7...she never found it a hassle, and has always loved having a big family in her house. Lots of love there! And she has 2 grandbabies by the 26 yr old.

Guess it just depends on the person. By the way..she got her tubes tied after the last one..she was 40 when she had her.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 9:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2010