Dark, think strand-like things in baby's poop

I was changing my son's diaper this morning when I saw something odd. He had a lot of these thin, short and black strands all over the poop. What could they be? Today was just one poopy diaper and I will monitor his diapers more in the morning. Anyone ever see this in their baby's diaper?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 1:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• Weird. What has he been eating? I would be concerned about worms.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• how old is he? what does he eat? do you let him play out in the dirt? it could be a number of things...need more specifics to help you out =)
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• my sone has eaten a hairball before. it come right out. sometimes i will find a long hair (mine) or a pine needle, or crayon piece. Even stringy foods like asparagus will go right through the digestive system. probly not serious.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 6:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My son had the same thing...he's on an organic diet and eats banana's and it's actually banana.
    katgreer

Answer by katgreer at 10:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2010