Have any Moms experienced Family Court injustices?

I have spent the past 8 yrs in a Good Ole Boy court in Prov RI. I was able to speak in the courtroom for 10 mins in those 8 yrs. My witnesses were not allowed to testify. I sat in the hall while backroom deals between my ex's lawyer and the Judge were struck. I know that the Judge was given a kickback. My ex's stepson has molested my child at night-the Judge disregarded DCYF's concerns and said "boys will be boys". My ex's wife has filled my child's mouth with HOT SAUCE. This is ok with the Judge. The Judge's brother in law is the "Court Mediator". I'm sure his pockets are lined also. The Chief Judge Jeremiah Jeremiah in Prov RI offered his resignation today amist a scandal and class action suit by the ACLU. Tell me your story will post- website www.littlewhiteowl.com or e-mail me at Cls34@msn.com. If anyone is in Rhode Island I am trying to arrange a protest outside Prov Fam Court. Story in ProJo.com

LadyCara

Asked by LadyCara at 1:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• As a social worker - yep. I have seen the good ol' boys club at its best. Makes me sick. Examples: a white old judge telling a young black woman (a victim of physical abuse by her partner and father of her child) that she was too promiscuous and asked her how many other children by how many other men does she have. He also said he was not ordering child support (even though the man never contested he was not the father) because there was no way of knowing this man was the daddy. He also did not award an order of protection. Don't get me started on all the cases of sexual assault and the officers who investigate. Or the judge who once said there is no such thing as an abused woman, only a woman upset she can't get her husband to do what she wants. Or the police officer who told me most "raped" women are liars who just got caught cheating on their husband. Good ol' boys' club.....yes it is there.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Hi LadyCara and FrogDawg:)

This is a HUGE problem nationwide. It is being addressed slowly but surely. I'm advocating for Family Court victims in Hawaii. Even though you're on the other side of the country, you're welcome to brainstorm and share with the Angels there... http://www.angelgroup.org. Many have been fighting this for years. We are currently working to pass a Senate Investigation.

Also, you might be interested to know that there will be a Dr. Phil show on the broken family court system...April 14th is the projected airtime. Kathleen Russell from Center for Judicial Excellence is on the show. She's working for the same thing in Northern California. Welcome aboard!
    AngelGroup

Answer by AngelGroup at 7:42 AM on Apr. 10, 2010