What is with you ladies and the BF vs FF thing!

Really? What's wrong with you? Why can't you guys just leave each other alone. So what you see a boob once in a while get over it. So what they didn't want to or couldn't feed their babies from the boobs, oh well. I don't understand what your problem is. Can't you just be happy that they feed their babies regardless of how. I mean really it is ridiculous and you guys are getting really ugly with it. So stop, be a respectful mom with integrity and don't bashing each other over stupid things. Lets start offering our support to other mothers in need, that's what this site is for. However it is not a form for you mean hateful women to get out your aggression and attack other mothers for their choices.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• I haven't read what's been going on. You sound upset. The women that are pro breastfeeding often feel they are the innocent baby's advocate. Breastfeeding has lifelong development and health consequences. Some women that are pro breastfeeding are also concerned about other women's health and reducing breast cancer and osteoporosis rates. Some women are concerned about costs like WIC and health care that are associated with formula feeding.

Women that know a lot about breastfeeding know that virtually all women can breastfeed. That's why we can't leave it alone. We may get one woman to breastfeed or one woman to relactate. What if we prevented one baby from getting cancer or dying from formula.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I know the benefits I BF for almost 2 years. I know that almost all women can BF if they want to, but they don't want to admit it's too much effort so say that they can't. I understand that but why the heck are you guys so mean on both sides is what I'm asking. A hateful you're going to kill your baby and you're a bad mom post isn't going to get another to see things your way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Correcting misinformation isn't bashing. And many of us think it's important to help mothers that want to breastfeed, and part of that is making sure they don't get bad information from other mothers who unfortunately suffered from a lot of bad information. Yes, it may step on some toes. But as a mature adult you should be able to accept that sometimes you make mistakes, and that doesn't make you a bad person or a bad mother. If you don't believe that you made a mistake, then it shouldn't bother you what someone else is saying.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 3:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• And yes, if someone says "you are a bad mom" or "you are poisoning your baby" then they need to stuff a sock in it. There are much better ways to get your point across without being a beeyotch.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 3:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I haven't seen breastfeeding call anyone "bad mothers" or say that they are "poisioning" their baby. There is a difference between making bad health choices and being a bad mother.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I did both my oldest bf for 8 weeks then ff after that, my other two children both BF only and weaned close to their 3rd birthdays. If I had a choice the first one would have BF'd much longer and I never would have used formula but i didnt have a choice due to health issues he was having at the time and once on formula those issues stopped.

I could go either way on a discussion depending on what the question/argument is. Yes I believe breast is best and I believe in doing it for longer than a year, I also believe that there are times that formula needs to be used. My choices are mine alone, my choices may not work for another mom and i am ok with that. I do however have issues with mis information and will gladly correct it when i see it, and also a womans right to BF in public and yes i will be very vocal when that right is attacked.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Gaill... I was called an abusive mother for not BF'ing my child.....guess what, I couldn't. I didn't make enough and yes, i saw an "expert". Two weeks of trying and massive weight loss to my son and she gave up. So, formula fed he was
    I don't care if you BF or FF, just don't make me out to be the bad guy when I did my best.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I never heard of any baby dying from formula??? Unless it's watered down and even then I didn't hear of any baby dying. I didn't breastfeed and I don't regret it. It's not for everyone. The same way it's not for everyone to home school, exercise and save money. To each his own. We have options in life and our choices are our business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• There is no correction of information going on. It's one more bash against FF. No matter how pro BF one is, no one has any right to tell a mother not to feed her baby formula. It's no one's business. It is unacceptable and that post about prescriptions for formula should be removed.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• The question wasn't how do you feel about the subject it was why are you guys so mean to each other. I don't know why they are but I have to think to myself that they do it out of love or they aren't smart enough to convey their thoughts in more constructive way.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 10:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2010