Israel refuses to let Christians celebrate Easter in the occupied territory of Palestine

Not only that but Israel refuses to let the Palestinian Christians fix the Holy Church. What a sad day for the Christians who want to celebrate Easter.

http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article38110.ece

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's said, but it there are certainly security issues.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Easter can always be celebrated, even if not publicly. Remember the early Christians who could not even allow others to know they were Christian......they knew that freedom was something inside themselves that nobody can take away....some of the earliest Christians were slaves....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• What I heard on the news was that Israel restricted access to Jerusalem from Palestinian Christians. You know - I don't live in Israel. I don't live in a region where people blow themselves up. I can understand not wanting to allow access by a group of people who use suicide bombers. It is very possible that one of these people would embed him/herself in a group wanting to celebrate the holiday and blowing up in the middle of the procession of Christians. Then Israel would be held responsible for not being more careful. The Palestinian Christians should understand this real threat and be willing to sacrifice to possibly save lives.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yeah Yeah Yeah, this is nothing new. Israel has been doing this for years and the same thing happends at Christmas time, Israel wont let the Christians from East Jerusalem travel to Bethlahem in the West Bank to celebrate Christmas and won't let the Christians from Bethlahem travel to East Jerusalem to celebrate Easter.

That is why it's called an OCCUPATION, East Jerusalem doesn't belong to Israel, they certainly like to make the Christians' lives a living hell though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• This whole question sounds anti-Semite  to me. You don't know what it is like for them over there. Both sides are in a war zone and regular freedoms have to be out weighed by the safety issue.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• anybody who is Christian should be able to celebrate their "holiday" from wherever they are anyway. After all, you can "praise God" anywhere, right?

I am not a Christian and still celebrate Easter with my family. Easter is wherever my family is.
    Anonymous

• THis is not the first time Christians have been persecuted and it won't be the last.
    Anonymous

• Does Israel have a freedom of religion law? If not, then they can impose whatever they like. I don't like it, but that's how it is.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• What is sad is that at least three different religions are fighting over ground that they all consider to be sacred. The "holy" land is not a safe place to be with these warring factions tearing up that ground and allowing their holy buildings to rot around them. It's a good symbol for religion in general. Why do they hold one piece of ground as being more sacred than the earth that gives everything life? Why is Jesus' tomb holy? He left it behind when he resurrected, didn't he? When you make a place more holy than the act that took place there, you forget that the sacred is within...NOT without. And that seems a desparate attempt to hang on to something that was never real in the first place.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2010