Mommy and Me Programs?

Recently I've contacted one of Mommy and Me programs in my area. I was shocked that they would charge $20 for 2 hours or $220 a month. Would you think it's worth to spend the money ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Call your local Parks and Recreation Department and check on their classes/rates - they are usually MUCH cheaper than the private places and just as good!

Answer by missanc at 9:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It depends on the program. I take our daughter to a playgroup that is $15 an hour but IMO it's worth it because it's structured. They have a great program. They have story time, free play, activities, they cook with them and they also have discussion with us parents about everyday issues, relationships, etc. I love it and so does our daughter. It socializes our daughter and teaches her how to get along with other children. Also in the summer time we go on the roof deck. They have pools and water play. Worth it for us.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• * They also give out a list of schools and other playgroups in my area that have good reputations. Just an added bonus.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2010