My boyfriend found out i am pregnant from a friend of his...

He went out to the bar last night and stopped over at his friends house that used to work with me but he lives with this girl that I work with and I told someone there that I might be pregnant... and found out I was and told her first... told her not to tell any one but she told every one and I wasn't quite ready to tell my boyfriend yet... and she told his friend and his friend told him last night... I know because he asked me "is there anything you would like to tell me?" but I didn't answer him ... he didn't even realize because he was drunk...but i know it will be brought up after I get off work today... Am I a horriable person for not telling him first but telling someone at work first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You're not terrible, but whoever told your boyfriend is!! When I found out I was pregnant the first person I told about it was my best friend who was also there when I took the test!! Then I waited two days, went to the doctor to confirm and THEN I told my husband. There's nothing wrong with telling someone else first.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Thats why I never told any one befor my husband because people can have loud mouths. Sorry that you didnt get to him first but maybe today try and come out first and say it befor he can even try and bring it up again. GL and congrats!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• NO- Your Human. YOu reacted to a very strong emotion by telling the first person you saw that you trusted.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• When I first read this I thought you were pregnant by another man (a friend of his) and someone told your boyfriend... but now I see (or at least I think I do) - that it's just that you were pg (by your boyfriend) but someone else told him first.... aaahhhh I see.

Telling someone else before telling your bf isn't a terrible thing, especially if you happened to be near a friend when you found out. It was wrong of your friend to tell your bf before you did. Your friend should've talked to you first. But I don't understand why you waited to tell your bf... how long did it take for him to find out??? If it was weeks then it may have been an honest mistake on your friends part. They may have thought he knew and just happened to mention it. But if it was hours and that day and ran to him, then that is just a big mouthed "friend".

Tell him you were trying to come up with a creative way to tell him. IDK. LOL.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 8:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Not horrible, but he should have been told first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• of course your not a terrible person for not telling him first. Why should he be the first one to be told? I dont like to use the word should. Maybe you had good reason for not telling him first. Let him know how much you care for him and that you didnt mean to hurt his fellings and explain why you didnt tell him first. Hopefully he will be understanding. BTW congrats on your pregnancy. I do, however, think that im a terrible person for not telling my dad that im 36 weeks preg. yet....i have my reasons, but i hope he will understand why i didnt tell him righty away and my mom, sister and nieces kn\ew. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i know my husband would of been angry with me if i told all my lil friends first before him. Its his baby not theirs.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 10:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No biggie. If he gets upset about it, just cry and say that you were trying to find a creative way to tell him, and trusted the WRONG person with your news :) OR think of something to do before he gets off work, surprise him with the news, and when he says "I already know" cry about how this so-called friend of yours ruined your surprise. Just cry dammit! lol.

Ok, so lying isn't the best policy, but in time, this won't even matter..with all the excitement about the baby, this will be quickly forgotten.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• its your decision who to tell first, the girl should have kept her mouth shut, it wasnt her news to tell
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2010