Seriously need help with this one......

37 weeks pregnant tomorrow......I have been awake for the past two hrs with contractions off and on. I couldnt tell you if theyre 5 or 15-20 minutes apart because sometimes they will be really close and other times they will be further apart. Now since the first of the contrations this morning I went to the bathroom #2 and then 2 hrs later I had to go again. I havnt ate anything that would make my stomach upset besides a sandwich and chips last night befor bed. Has any one ever had to go potty while having contractions and when should I consult my obgyn about this. Last time he saw me was at my 36 week appt. and he said he gives me another week which would be at the latest monday. I was dialated at 2 at my last appt and somewhat effaced just fyi

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes labor can cause your body to do crazy things. If the contractions seem like they come often then I would call your OB or got to the hospital if they get to be 5 mins apart.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• You may go on with contractions for days. Unless they are consistant and you KNOW you are in labor and need to go, I wouldn't. I know someone now that is pregnant with her 7th and she has been on off contracting for days...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• well, with my 2nd son (and im 36 weeks preg. with my 4th) i had inconsistant contractions on and off all day with the runs all day. My contractions NEVER go to 5min apart until i was almost 9cm. They never came any closer than 10 to 12min apart. But the one thing they did do was get more intense. I would not wait to call your OB. If i would have waited until my contractions were 5min apart i would have had my 2nd son on my own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2010