Reoccuring side pain and vomiting blood?

I have had this reoccuring side pain that gets worse with stress. It is upper left abdominial and I have had it since I was a teen off and on but I figured it was just a minor annoyance from stress. I am having an issue of it right now since there is a lot of stress from my father in law being in the ICU but I threw up (from completely unrelated medicine making me nauseous) and there was bright red blood in there. I am really worried but I don't have the money at the moment to see a dr. Does anyone know what this could be?

Tf1990

Asked by Tf1990 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• any time you vomit blood you should see a dr IMMEDIATELY
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Alright I will see if my mom can loan me some money until my husband gets paid.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• The medicine probably irrated your stomach lining and that is why you threw up blood,,but I would go to the doctor anyway just to be safe. Have you ever had a sonogram of your abdomen? It could be anything from a ovarian cyst to gall bladder! Have you been vomiting any more? Do you have acid reflux? Hope you get bette!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have been having it since before the medicine but I haven't ever had a sonogram.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Go to the ER. You don't have to pay up front.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• The upper abdomen pain that you are experiencing could be an ulcer. There aren't any major organs there....aside from your heart...and if it reacts to stress, that's what it sounds like...and ulcer. That could also be why you are throwing up blood, ulcers cause that as well. Unfortunately if you don't have insurance, your best bet is the ER since you don't have to pay up front and they do allow payment arrangements. The hospital can not refuse you care if you can't afford it.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• go to the ER or clinic!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2010