potty question

Hello my son is 3 1/2 and has been potty trained for a year and 2 months. Well my first question is since he has been "potty trained" he leaks in his underware. Like not pees enough where it gets to his pants but i swear his underware are always wet. Just wondering if your child was like that. His uncle who is 10 has always held his pee till he could not stand it or someone made him go. He would stand there and hold his pee pee and well just hated taking the time to go to the bathroom. Other question is my son did really good last month with not wetting the bed he would get up right away and go pee. Now hes back to wetting the bed which i believe is because its been nice out (live in mn) and hes been playing outside alot and is just so tired at night now. Should i go back to pull ups at night and save on the washer or keep him in underware? he hasnt had a dry night in the last week. Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think you should just make sure he goes before bed and no drinks an hour before bed. I would not put him in pull-ups at night, he might feel bad about that. And as far as the front of his underwear being wet, he probably doesn't "shake it off" when he is done and it drips on it. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Keep him in the underwear. Reverting back to pullups is not beneficial. Just watch how much he drinks before bedtime! As for the dampness, well that could lead to him getting a rash but it may not be wet enough to bother him if he's busy.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 9:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Thanks for your answer. Just a couple replys back. He actually WANTS the pull up back on. and his underware are more wet than just not shaking it they are pretty wet but not totally peed in. If he totally pees then his pants get wet too. and that happens rarely.
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Keep him in underpants, but make sure he goes to the bathroom before going to bed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Oh, that may be why he is peeing..he wants them back on. Don't give in then. I say keep marching froward and don't put them on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:01 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Technically, it's not considered "wetting the bed" until the child is 5.I would consider yourself lucky that you got a break. Go back to the pull ups, he might be just taking a temporary step back. It seems to me that preschoolers do that quite a bit with everything they do,2 steps forward, one step back......I truly would not recomend fighting over it. It seems that what you've been doing so far has worked, so keep going with your gut momma!
    Anonymous