Are your kids allowed to sleep with your pet on the bed?

My daughter is 5 and we have a golden retriever and she's been sneaking him in her bed very often the last month! Is that ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• not at my house. My son's allergies wouldnt allow it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My daughter is allowed. She's 5.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 9:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Our shitzu sleeps with DS everynight! I think it makes her feel safe and as long as he is housebroken not a big deal in our house!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:43 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Of course it's okay
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• We have a family pitbull and she sleeps in my 3yr olds room. She sleeps on the floor because she wants to cuddle more then my son does but she is clean so i wouldnt mind if she slept in his bed. But i dont think i would let a long haired dog sleep in bed... I hate dog ir cat fur on the beds or couches but thats just me.
    Keaton_Hazel

Answer by Keaton_Hazel at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I would be ok with it... my 4 year old won't even let the cats sleep under his bed!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have 2 dogs in my bed & the 3rd one alternates between the kids beds. It's comforting to have another warm body next to you. Dogs are pack animals. They love to cuddle.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My son has ADHD, ODD, and possibly Aspergers. His psychologist recommended that we buy a pet and allow the pet to sleep with him at night. He said that this might help him sleep better. (He only sleeps from 1 am- 6am right now). We can't have dogs or cats in our house because of allergies, so we have done some research and we have decided to get a pekin duck. He is not born yet (he should hatch in about 20 more days), and he will not be able to sleep with our son until he is about 3-4 months but once he is big enough, he will be sleeping with our son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• At our house we have cats, and our late cat Sebastian used to sleep in the boys room every night. He would either sleep on the bed with my middle son or under the crib- he liked to watch over them and 'protect' them from things that go bump in the night.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It's fine, unless she has bad allergies. But otherwise I think it's wonderful. Our german shepherd sleeps with my daughter alot
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2010