What can I take for allergies?

I have no idea what to take over the counter. This pollen is killing me. Any suggestions without having to go to the Dr.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• I've had the best luck with zyrtec. I get year long allergies and its one of the few that can help me. Allegra and allegra-d if its OTC now is also alright...I just got immune to it over the years. Claritin is also an option. It seemed to be the weakest med for me but that doesn't mean it won't work well for you. You want to take whatever will work for you and my body is very funky. I would just say that you want to take in consistantly for several days before you decide it isn't working. It takes a bit to build up in your system sometimes. Try to wipe your face down often to get the allergens away from your eyes and nose and keep your hands away from your face. Also, you can get allergy eye drops if allergies are bothering your eyes. And a saline mist for your nose can keep the lining moist and able to fight allergies better in general. or at least keep you from getting so stuffy. good luck!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 9:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Ask your doctor or a pharmacist. I use Zyrtec, but many people use Claritin. If you don't feel better with an over the counter one, you may need a prescription nasal spray or something stronger. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Benadryl if you are pregnant is okay. If you are not pregnant Zyrtec in my opinion works the best.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• zyrtec is what works well for me!~
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:00 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• well, aren't we the Zyrtec commercial? I wonder if they'll send us some coupons?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Claratin, Alavert or Benedryl. But the Benedryl puts me to sleep.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 11:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2010