Is this impressive or not

I just want a reality check as to whether or not what my little boy did is really advanced or not. He is exactly 2.5 years old and yesterday when he was playing with his train set he pointed to the Fisher Price emblem and then walked over to the shelf to grab a Fisher Price DVD and pointed out the matching emblem. I think it's pretty impressive that he took such notice of the emblem that he was able to recognize when he saw one that matched. My mother thought that this was pretty advanced, but my sister thinks this is pretty typical behavior for a child this age. I just want honest opinions, I can handle it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It means he is very observative, not necessarily advanced. This will paly a role when he goes to school, as a good thing!

Answer by older at 10:02 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It is typical, but, still agood thing none-the-less. He would be on the up side of typical. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:03 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I think your sister is right, I don't think he's advanced because of it. But he's very observative and that's a very good skill!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 10:04 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Typical behavior for his age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• totally normal.

mine did it - recognizing common signs and symbols, pictures and images.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'd say it's typical. My 2 year old does similar things. It's crazy how fast they seem to grow and learn, huh?
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 11:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I think it's typical but it's always really cool to see their little minds put things like that together!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I think this is typical. My daughter (23 months) will find a book on the shelf if I tell her the title. She remembers what they look like. Remember, they are ALWAYS paying attention.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 12:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'd say typical for his age
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I would agree - sounds typical, but oh so precious! Hey, he may beat all of his little friends at "Memory" :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2010