what did the start of labor feel like for you ?

i never went into labor with my dd and for the past week i get this weird throbing pain in my back. sometimes it hurts so bad i can't breathe. but i have been getting it a few times a day

kthruz143

Asked by kthruz143 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine was in my lower back and felt like ummm....TMI, but, bad diarreah cramps. LOL They were just tiny ones, then over 30 minutes just grew and grew until I knew it was labor. The first pain was at 12:00PM, I was getting ready to go to my doctors appt. I kept sitting down, then, It dawned on me why my back hurt. LOL Well, by the time I got to the doctor(an hour and a half away), I was almost 5cm dialated. My son was born at 7:01PM that night, so, my labor went fast.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:13 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• OK HUN WHEN I WENT INTO LABOR FOR MY D D R I FELT THIS SHARP PAINS AROUND MY CERVIX IS A DIFFERENT KIND OF PAIN THAN PERIOD CRAMPS IS NOT LIKE PEOPLE SAY THAT IT FEELS LIKE A PERIOD. I WENT TO MY APPOINTMENT ON A THURSDAY I WAS ON 3 CM FOR 3 WEEKS BUT I ONLY HAD 3 DAYS TO GO BUT THEY SAY I COULD GO ANOTHER WEEK I WAS UPSET I WANTED TO HAVE HER AND THE NEXT DAY AROUND 8 AM I HAD CONTRACTIONS LET ME TELL YOU IT WAS MILD PAINS AROUND THE CERVIX I KNEW I WAS IN LABOR BECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A DIFFERENT PAIN THEY KEPT COMING AND GOING I WENT TO MY HOSPITAL BUT THEY SEND ME BACK HOME BECAUSE THEY WERE 7 MIN APART IT WAS 12PM OF THAT FRIDAY WHEN I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL I CAME BACK HOME AND THE PAINS WERE GETTING STRONGER AROUND 3PM THEY WERE SO SHARP I COULDN'T EVEN STAND UP. I WAS AT HOME TIL 9:30PM GOING THROUGH MY WHOLE LABOR I COULDN'T TAKE IT SO I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL THIS TIME THEY LEFT ME BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY 5 CM CONTINUE......
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• THEY PUT ME ON THE LABOR AND DELIVERY ROOM THAT WHEN IT KEPT GETTING A LIL STRONGER THEY CHECKED ME AGAIN AND I WAS 6 CM AND THEY BROKE MY WATER THAT WHEN THE REAL PAIN KICKED THAT WAS THE WORST AFTER YOUR WATER BREAKS THEY PAINS ARE PAINFUL WELL I GOT MY EPIDURAL 1 HOUR LATER AROUND 1 AM I GOT SOME SLEEP THEN I WOKE UP AT 2 AM FEELING LOTS OF PRESSURE THEY CHECKED ME I WAS 10 CM I STARTED PUSHING THEN 2 HRS LATER I HAD MY 6 POUND 3 OUNCE BABY GIRL. :)
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• MINE FELT LIKE I HAD TOO KEEP USING BATHROOM NUMBER 2 .. LOL.. BUT NOTHING HAPPEN. I WAS HAVING THESE CRAMPS. THAT FELT LIKE PERIOD CRAMPS.. AND THEN THEY GOT WORSE AND WORSE!! AND I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP .. FELT PRESSURE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Pain, without love....pain...pain.

Heavy cramping. 10000000000X worse than period cramps.
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• #1 I just KNEW - then contractions started in my back and lower belly, and walking didn't make them go away.

#2 I had a NAP. I never nap....woke up and was like YEP its the day - went for a long walk and contractions started.

#3 I laboured for 6 weeks with no progress (constant contractions) - so was induced.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It felt like the WORSE period camps I had ever had in my life. But it really just felt like period cramps, I didnt feel any pain in my back or anything like that just that area where I usually feel period cramps but like INTENSIFIED period cramps
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My labor started with intense contractions 5 mins apart, and they were down to 2 mins apart an hour later. So I didn't have to play the guessing game.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• With pitocin I had "cramps." My second was a home birth; starting at midnight I had some pinching and cramping, but once I was up and ate it was a very gradual build up of "rippling" tightness of the abdomen--starting from the outside towards the center.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Mine didn't feel crampy, or achy.

You know that void feeling you get after you eat something you know you shouldn't have because your gut isn't going to agree? Or that feeling of being hungry in between belly growls? THAT'S how I felt. I was rating on a scale of 92/100 before I asked the nurse if he was just stretching, or if they were like, good contractions. The nurse looked at me in surprise, and said, "Honey, I would have been screaming at a 50. These are real ones. We're just waiting for you to dialate a little more."

I only had to push 7 times, and oh man, when his head came out, my body like, deflated. I felt such a release of pressure, I had no idea how much had built up over the last 9 mos. When his shoulders and the rest of him came out, it was like the most relaxing moment of my entire life! My body felt rejuvenated!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2010