my mirena fell out

hi people...my mirena fell out last night...and since then ive had a goo discharge and also bleeding like asevere period on top of that bad bad stomach cramps and this morning i felt sick. is this normal if it falls out? i cant call my obgyn till monday because they are not open today...help im scared....

rellcinko

Asked by rellcinko at 10:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Health

• how long have you had it in for?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• mine fell out oo but that didn't happen to me... I did have discharge but not the other stuff... maybe it had grown into your uterus a lil? Or cut you when it came out?? I dunno... I'm sure you are fine tho! If you feel like something is super wrong then go to the ER... GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Call your dr for an appt
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• You can call the doctor's answering service & someone will call you back. They will then tell you if you should wait till monday or go to the ER
    Anonymous

• mucus is normal because mirena thickens your cervical mucus, and now it's gotta come out, when i had mine removed i had multiple days where it looked like i was pregnant and lost a mucous plug. the bleeding is normal too, i mean, it just came out of your cervix, and most likely you haven't had a period in a while. i also had cramps and felt a little sick after having mine removed, i think it's just because you don't have the hormones streaming into you like they were, if your doc is closed call planned parenthood, that way they can at least check you to make sure you aren't damaged in anyway from it coming out on its own.
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i ended up in th e er tht sat the pain was so bad...im still having the cramps...finally got ahold of the dr office today and am goin in tomorrow. idk i dont think im gunna have another one put in... the pain is awful....the hospital sent me home with pain killers it was so bad...
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 12:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2010

• i had it in for 1 1/2 yr
    rellcinko

Answer by rellcinko at 12:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2010