Shower vs bath

How old when you started with a shower vs a bath with your child? Mines three years old, almost four. Should he start taking showers now? With help of corse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 3 year old Loves showers, and loves baths.

bathtime is play time.

shower is for cleaning.

I think my older kids were around 4 when we started the shower for cleaning. youngest is in with her big sister showering and washing down now.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• DS (8) really started taking showers exclusively at about 6 (he hates baths now) and DD (4) alternates between the two. Like the PP bath is for playing, not so much with a shower.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 2:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• my daughter is 4 and has been taken showers since she was 3. she takes baths too. i let her pick.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Im not quit there yet cause my son is still only 3 but I dont see any rush in it unless he chooses to take a shower. He loves his baths because he has all his toys, bath crayons and bubbles plus we put the color tablets in everytime that change the water. I always let him play for a while and then we drain the water and then its time to wash up. I even get in the bath with him somtimes and bath and then other times he will take showers with daddy and there so funny they take a shower but sit down in the tub to play toys while the showers still going lol. They have fun though so whatever floats there boats.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• mine is 5 and cannot stand to get his head wet, i practically have to use force to wash his har, so he doesnt take showers, he is still taking baths. so id say whatever the kid seems to be more comfy with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• We do both with our son, depending on what we have going on. If we're out kind of late and he needs to get clean, we'll do a shower. He likes having a bath more than a shower, so oftentimes we use that as a reward for good behavior in the evenings.
    Anonymous