Why?

Why do you mom's insist on asking a question, have 15 people say NO, DON'T DO IT!!! and give medical information from doctors and give various websites from the AAP and more and tell you to research and ask your doctor...then, one person comes on and says: "Don't listen to them, I did such and such and my babies are all fine." andyou pick that one out of a hundred as best answer? Why ask then? Just go ahead and do it. 99% of the mom's on here know: You do not put cereal in a babies bottle, especially if they aren't reflux babies or if they are under 6 months....
You are supposed to wait until 12 months to give whole milk...not 7 months
The list goes on and on...yes, when my son was a baby, they said 4 months was when you feed a baby solids. Now, they don't. Just like car seats, sleeping on bellies all sorts of things have changed. And just because one lady is still doing it, doesn't make it ok. Geeze. Why?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 10:57 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ha ha i love this its so true lol!!!!
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 11:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Thanks..I figure i will get bashed for it, but, really, I have seen this happen nearly everytime lately and it was starting to bug me. I mean, we are educating on the new guidelines and they don't even care. I know i did stuff differently and my son is ok, but, I also changed from when my mom had me and what she did. if I had a child now, I would do things differently. I would try to improve from the past.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:08 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Haha...

So true! If we still followed things that were "okay" 30-40 years ago, kids/infants still wouldn't even have seat belts. As time goes on we grow, (hopefully) and things that were once acceptable are now perfected, and will continue to be perfected.

TOO bad people can't VOTE for best answer. That'd be better than someone who asks a question, and select the best answer is the person who sugar coated it for them, told them everything they wanted to hear, not what they need to hear.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 11:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Because frequently people ask questions only to have their own actions validated. And you know, the need to have someone else validate what you do should be a pretty clear indication that you've gone down the wrong road.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Haha...glad to see I am not the only one that can see this...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I find it very irritating and I also wonder why they even ask.
    Anonymous