Anyone else NOT allow their dogs to lick people?

That is like, the most disgusting part of visiting people with dogs, are the dogs that lick. I hate that. I don't want to have to wash my hands because your dog slobbered me even when I didn't reach down on my own to pet him. Yuck.

I can't stand a dog that jumps, a dog that darts out the door, stares at me while I eat, and most of all I can't stand a dog that licks me! UGH.

Anyone else? What else is it you can't stand?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 11:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pets

• If you don't like dogs chances are you won't be coming to our house anyway,lol... Everyone we know loves our dogs, and has dogs of their own. They all know what to expect when they walk in the door.. Ours don't jump, they are trained to behave, but I have yet to see someone train a dog not to slobber, or try to give a kiss... Their mouth has less germs than we do so not a big deal to me... We also wash our hands, and so do our friends... There are so many other things to stress over, this isn't one of them for me..

The one thing that I can't stand are women that use a public restroom and don't wash their hands after.. YUCK!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I can't stand animals period honestly lol thats why i don't have any =)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• MrsLeftlane...
    I have 3 dogs atm that will NOT jump, and will NOT LICK. And honestly, our dogs are not allowed to lick their privates while in the same room as us. The can leave the room if the job need be done, and they will if necessary.

I don't consider behavior something that is trained, but something that is curbed or encouraged. Sure, you can tell your dog, "Siiiiit. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Sit, I said SIT!" and your dog may look at you like you're stupid. But the way we've learned to work with our dogs is to encourage them to be an independent part of the family. They are expected to mind, participate, and at the same time, at supper time, they go to their beds and wait for us to finish. No, they're not robots, they just have jobs, and love to perform them.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I hate dogs that lick, or jump on you lap or my kids. I totally belive that anything that can lick its butt has no business licking my childs hands or face!
    momof5tobe

Answer by momof5tobe at 12:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• ugh i totally agree, my pet peeve is when a dog begs or when they lick humans mouths eww gross, they should realize they basically just licked their dogs butt, gahross lol
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I hate it. My parents dogs do not lick people, unless the people invite them to play with them. They'll lick, then. But I hate going to someone's house and their huge nasty dog greets me at the door and licks me and my kids. It's gross.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have a dog and those are all things that bother me as well. I'm not a dog person but it's my husband's dog so I just deal with him. He's trained very well though, he's not allowed to do those things and if he does, he gets punished by being sent outside or closed off in the other room. My friend's dog licks me all the time when I come over and it grosses me out. She tells me just to push her out of the way and not be so nice to her. Sorry, I can't be mean to dogs even if I don't particularly care for them. She needs to train her dog better.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My dog will not jump or lick, I find it extremely gross. I hate getting licked by dogs!
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 5:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I agree I hate those behaviors, I don't allow my dog to do them me or others so when I go to someone elses house I expect the same. I have a few more to add to your list. Leg humping, and peeing on car tires, a relative of mine had a dog that did those as soon has I would drive up the dog would run over and pee on my tires,than when I got out of the car he would run over and try to hump my leg! The relative didnt' even do anything to stop it, but they were offended when I kicked thier dog in the nuts. Sadly the dog still peed on my tires and tried to hump my leg every time I went there, even though I kicked it in the nuts every time it tried to hump my leg
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 3, 2010

• People that allow their dogs to run the home and do as they please!

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 5:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2010