How do you sleep when you hubby snores SO loud!! lol

Most of the time, he's playing xbox when I go to sleep...but nights that we watch tv together and go to bed at the same time, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to get to sleep...he falls asleep in a matter of seconds, and is already snoring!! Every time I start to nod off...he snores louder!! I wish I could put in ear plugs at night, but I can't because I have two small children that I need to be able to hear if they wake up...and we've tried those nasal strips, and they work wonderfully...but he refuses to use them anymore because they'd leave a sticky residue on his nose and he hated it...so that's out of the question...what on earth can I do to get some sleep...he kept me up until nearly 5am last night because I couldn't get him to stop snoring...any ideas? Sleeping in another room is out of the question..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Has he talked to a dr? Many people who are loud snorers have an issue with apnea and end up needing a CPAP monitor. My husband snores in certain positions - he just always makes sure that I'm asleep before he goes to sleep.

Answer by missanc at 12:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I go to bed before he does, so I can fall asleep first. He sleeps on the couch a lot too.

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Two words: Prescription narcotics.

Seriously, it's the only way I can sleep through his snoring. Ambien, how do I love thee?
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I snore really bad, so my Hubby wears earplugs to bed... I hate to admit it but he say's it helps.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I feel your pain. I can't wear ear plugs because I can't hear the baby. I will sleep on the couch when it drives me insane. I don't know how he doesn't wake himself up. My DH has a deviated septum and one side is just blocked so we are looking into surgery. I've also heard that loosing weight helps with snoring. He's gained about 40lbs since in the last 2 years (he calls it his baby weight) and he's working on that as well. You really have to make him understand that your poor sleep every night is going to effect you health and he has to take steps to fix this. If the strips work he should use them and just use some alcohol on a cotton ball to get it off. What a baby, you toss and turn all night but he can't sacrifice some residue on his nose so you can sleep.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• lol the question should be how does he sleep with me snoring so loud...n omg my snoring got so horrible while i was pregnant hed stay up all night rubbing my back to keep me from snoring..until he was just so exhausted hed pass out lol..
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I roll him onto his side or stomach.... He doesn't snore then.

I also try to go to sleep 10-15 min before him.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I fall asleep before my snoring hubby, once I am sleeping that is it! I am a heavy sleeper!

Answer by older at 12:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Save his life and get him in to see a sleep disorder doctor. He probably has sleep apnea and can die if not helped.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My STBX would NOT get a sleep test done but needed to. I would have to wait to go to bed until I was literally falling asleep so I wouldn't hear him. He would go to bed way before me and could hear him rooms away. I had to sleep with my head opposite of him too.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2010