If your child has ever gotten vaseling all over them, how did you clean it?

I swear it was inevitable, dd got the whole jar of vaseline all over her, her sheets, a stuffed animal, her blanky and her decorative pillow. How do I get this out of all these different things?? I've been looking online and there are so many options, which worked best for you? (no idea where to put this one)

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hee hee well ya put it in jist for fun which made me giggle. I just wanted to say OMG in support. it has not happened with either of my kids but I know how greasy and hard it is to remove...good luck mom! :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Dawn dish soap,just be careful she doesn't get any in her eyes or mouth
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i think dawn would be the best and safest route
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• nope, not in her eyes, nose, mouth or ears luckily! She wanted to be like mommy and put lotion on.... however that wasn't lotion! lol she's 2 so we are still learning! I'll try the dawn, thanks ladies!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• For the kid, wipe, wipe, wipe, then put them in a warm bath and wash. Clothes and stuff, use a pretreater that's good on grease, then wash in the hottest water possible. Pretreat and wash again, if necessary.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• DISH SOAP! drys out the hair and skin but it works.

dish DETERGENT in the wash - its a grease cutter and works wonders. don't dry it until you've made sure its all out of the fabric though...

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I did a warm bath for my daughter, a hot wash for the sheets and such. And a warm wash cloth and a bucket of warm water. It got it out well enough and she was very well moisturised.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 3:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2010