What would you say if you saw this on your Doctor's Door?

A sign that reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'd say that doc is an asshole and would be glad he showed his true colors so I could find someone else.
    Anonymous

• MOUNT DORA — A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care "elsewhere."

"I'm not turning anybody away — that would be unethical," Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican opposed to the health plan, told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday. "But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it."

The sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I agree with him.
    =)
    Obama sucks.
    Anonymous

• I would say the hell with this doctor and find me one that cares about me!

Answer by older at 12:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Per the article

three patients have complained, but most have been "overwhelmingly supportive" of his position.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Medicare cuts will hit urologists pretty hard. They tend to have older clientele, and Medicare makes them jump through hoops to get paid as it is. He will experience a 20% cut in pay to do the same job, his expenses are likely to go up, plus an increase in taxes.

He has every right to be angry.  No one would happily accept a 20% cut in pay. 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I would find a doctor who actually cares more about patient care than his wallet.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I think I would laugh. To think that NOT voting for Obama would give me an advantage (less people in the waiting room!) LOL I think ANYONE who is negatively affected by this bill SHOULD be able to express their anger and frustration--at least while FREEDOM OF SPEECH still exists!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Id laugh in his face.....Im not changing docs over politics...so screw him and his sense of humor!
    Anonymous