Anyone watching cnn and Obama ?

He is explaining in laymens terms what the health care will do for us.

Asked by older at 12:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Unless you're going to watch it and find out, you have no room to talk trash.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Does this mean he took the time to finally read and understand the whole thing? If he hasn't read it his words are meaningless.
    Anonymous

• anon, he was answering questions and concerns of the people.

Answer by older at 1:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Layman's terms?! LOL  Why do I get the feeling he's going to gloss over and water down the critical parts of the bill, something like..."you can keep your insurance... yadda, yadda, yadda (read as: eventhough we'll force them out of business by undercutting them with our buying power), and everyone will get the care they deserve (read as: if you don't mind waiting indefinitely for a limited nimber of treatments/appointments)...capeche?!  

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No , he is speaking in his terms of what he dreams health care will do. After he is done you might just THINK you know too.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Night, these ladies have all the answers don't they? They think they got it all figured out including his intentions. amazing!

Answer by older at 1:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Many of us have actually read all or most of the health care document, which is more than many of the Dem congressmen and senators who actually voted for it can say. So, while I admit that I'm not watching him talk about it, I'm asking you, is he reading from the document and explaining it, or is he simply repeating what he's said all along, which those of us who have read the document already know isn't true?
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• May, he was answering questions about the bill from the people there.

Answer by older at 2:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'm not watching it because we choose not to have tv in the house, but I do hope he's giving straight answers from the document that no one in congress read .
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I watched him, and he did clear up some things for me. My question is why couldn't he have done this before the vote. So many of us have no idea exactly what it is all about. Most still don't.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 2:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2010