Multiple c-sections

For those of you that have had more than one c-section. Was your recovery harder or longer with the second one? If you were in really good shape before your 1st c-sec and got back in really good shape after, got a really flat stomach back and normal ab strength back was it the same after the 2nd?

What if any differences did you notice between the 1st c-sec and subsequent c-sections?

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 12:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I thought my c-sections got easier.....by the third one I was packing the stroller in the truck the day after I came home from the hospital .5 days after I was running with my 3.5 year old in my arms........but then again my adrenaline was pumping!! I was never in good shape with a flat stomache, so I can not help ya there! Good luck though.
    Anonymous

• I wasnt in the greatest shape before but I can tell you you wont ever get things back 100%, never known anyone in good or bad shape who went back to "perfect" or what they considered perfect before.

My recovery was nice after my second and third sections. A little slower simply because I was chasing after toddlers where after my first it was just one newborn who could go slow with me LOL.

But the pain and everything else was no biggie. I think I was on pain meds for a week with my second and third ones.
    Anonymous

• My OB/GYN told me that they do a little mini tummy tuck with the second!? She told me they cut out the old scar and pull down a little bit of skin and stitch it back up. has anyone else heard of this or had one!?
    j_21408

Answer by j_21408 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• j~they sure didnt with mine! LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2010