If he orders for you is the date over?

You know what I mean, the guy that doesn't even ask what you want, he just decides what you want and orders... Do you end the date or just not call him again?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• yep...you thank him...get up, and leave....if he drove you have him take you home cause thats the first sign of a controlling jerk
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Date over for me.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 1:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I end it right then and there unless he orders something I LOVE.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Not necessarily. If he is a gentleman, he is trying to show that he has listened to your likes and dislikes and is showing you that he has been paying attention. That is not a controlling jerk.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I agree with the above, he is very much of a gentleman if he orders for you. I think it is awesome.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• If you tell HIM what you want and he orders for BOTH of you,its cool. If he doesn't even ask,thats bad.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• no he's not...he's being selfish because he doesn't trust that you won't order something expensive...nor is it a sign that he's listened to you cause idk about you but i like to try different things when i go out to eat...he's being controlling
    Anonymous

• You know, it use to be considered quite debonair for the man to order for the woman, hold the door, open the door, walk on the street side when walking down the side walk, let the woman enter first, give her his seat,........ sometimes I miss some of those things. I don't know that I want a man I have just met to order for me, but into the relationship, it wouldn't bother me.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• if he ACTUALLY asks what i want and then orderss for me, okay. if he didn't ask me and orders i'll just leave. thankfully, tony doesn't try to do that.
    caljones

Answer by caljones at 1:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Not exactly. If he asks what I would like and then orders it for me, that's being a gentleman. Or, if we've been on a few dates and he orders what I like, it makes me feel special because he paid attention and remembered what I liked from before. I've never had someone just order what they think I would like, that seems weird.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010