Focusing On Some Good Stories... Do You Have Any to Share?

I read 2 stories on msnbc that raised my spirits regarding the job market, and economy in general.

Manufacturing growing at fastest pace since ’04-The U.S. manufacturing sector expanded in March at its strongest pace in 5 1/2 years, leading the rebound from the recession on growth in exports and inventory rebuilding.
-----
162,000 jobs added in March, most in 3 years-The nation's economy posted its largest job gain in three years in March, while the unemployment rate remained at 9.7 percent for the third straight month.
Links to both stories are in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 1:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Manufacturing Grows At Fastest Pace Since '04

162,000 Jobs Added in March, Most in 3 Years

Those who are well educated in how markets work and ebb and flow in general, will understand that going from bad to good is not an overnight or 1 year process. Things really are starting to look up, slowly but surely.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Of course they forget to say half of those are government jobs and most of those are temporary census workers. There is no excuse for our recovery to be this stagnant. Did you know that our tax dollars pay for government jobs? Sooo , every added government job is very likely adding to the deficit. Hmmmm Peachy
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• OP you are right! But.....one-third of the new jobs were Census employees alone...and the rest as itsmestephh11 said.

SOOOOOO, the big picture said we lost again last month.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My thought is, after GM filed bankruptcy and "cleaned house" as far as employees are concerned, they are beginning to be profitable again. They are planning on opening one of their plants up again around here and hiring all new employees. Let's just say this particular plant is where they sent all their problem employees before they closed it. I wish I could prove it with an article, but this is really inside information that won't be found in the news. Despite this sort of thing, MI still has an unemployment rate above 14%. I do know that these things take time, and I hope it will be a sign of recovery. It can be depressing to live here sometimes. MI is soooo beautiful, but when the auto industry takes such a big hit, we're screwed all around. I'll leave you with this bit of info, when you buy a foreign car, you support 40 American families, but when you buy an American car you support 200 American families. food for thought.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 3:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'll leave you with this bit of info, when you buy a foreign car, you support 40 American families, but when you buy an American car you support 200 American families. food for thought.

I worry about supporting my family not 200 other families.. The reason Gm closed was because of the unions, they were getting paid for more then they were worth , Unions have this sense of entitlement that makes me sick, they would always show up at my hubby's job-sites wearing rat suits and they even pushed over some trucks, everyone should have a right to bid and get a job not just unions. Most union workers are lazy and they get on unemployment half the year!

Anonymous

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2010

• No. Sorry, I don't. Because when Obama decides to cease rocket development at NASA resulting in nearly 7000 jobs directly lost, the "fall out" will be in excess of 23,000 jobs, just in Florida. You know, people who DEPEND on the Space Center to generate business are affected?!

LINK

"That sum includes 9,000 "direct" space jobs and -- conservatively speaking -- 14,000 "indirect" jobs at hotels, restaurants, retail stores and others that depend on activity at the space center"

Mmm...mmm...mmm...barack hussein obama

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2010