Woul you return to this church? Veiws from any body please. Not just Christians

Ok so I attended a church here before I moved out of state. However while I was out of state my mom still attended the church. She was close friends with an older couple there, and they had he refer to them as mom& dad. Well the woman was also inviting my mom over, taking her shopping, to get her hair done, ect. This was all very good for my mom, she has very low self esteem, and her dad always wanted a boy so she dress like one and tried to be like one for daddy. Well before to long her self esteem went up, and she was wearing make up, jewelery, and woman's clothes. She was very happy. Well my mom is mentally challenged and does have a big tendency to get to attached to people. The husband got jealous of the time my mom was spending with his wife, there are rumours of a previous affair his wife had with another women though I don't know if that was true. Any way the husband said they had to stop spending time together.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i wouldnt return. imo when someone disrespects a family member, they are disrespecting me. i agree w/ the PPs that the good feeling you once felt would be tainted and that there has to be another church in your area that can give you that same positive feeling.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It broke my moms heart, but she did stop contacting the lady. One day out of the blue the lady calls and invites my mom to lunch. My mom was so happy she didn't hesitate to say yes. The husband found out and was furious, according to some people he hit the wife, but no one knows for sure. My mom went into the hospital that week for an emergency 4 day stay. The couple knew this, and filed a restraining order on my mom, while she was there. They sent the court summons to a previous address of which they knew she was no longer at, my mom could not defend her self. The restraining order said that my mom was sexually attracted to the wife. Which is a flat out lie, when she found out in high school I was bi she freaked. She is completely against gays. So that Sunday she went to church and this woman was an usher she passed by not knowing a thing of the restraining order. The husband told the paster temporally in charge, and after
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• service my mom was talked to. So the church knew of the restraining order, but not why. She was told she could go to church but must not go near the woman, so she did. One day they had a diner at the church the lady was at the back of the room my mom was in the front getting food, when my mom turned around she was right behind her. My mom left as quick as possible. The husband found the paster and security, and tol them the reason of the restraining order. My mom was told she can not come back until the restraining order is lifted and was escorted from the building. After security went in side as she was driving out the couple claims she attempted to run over a family member which she did not.
    Now the restraining order is lifted, but the church still refuses to let my mom attend services there, on the grounds that she is a lesbian. Which is false.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I am having an issue with this, because the church is continually asking my to attend, and there is an Easter event coming up that my dd just loves. I also felt very good at this church. It is the only church I felt comfortable at. When I was attending the sermon I would fill peace inside. Now though I am in inner turmoil this goes against every thing I believe in. The church slandered my moms name, and caused her great pain. It has also happened to a few other members who were kicked out on grounds of being gay. At the same time though I loved this church I felt good about going. Even if I did go though I wonder if that feeling would be tainted. What would you do?
    hot-mama86

• There are HUNDREDS of churches out there. You get only ONE mother. I would NEVER darken that church's door again or send them another dime.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• By the way..this church lives up to Gandhi's observation that Christians are nothing like Christ. STAY AWAY.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• That is no church at all. Churches are supposed to accept anyone into them regardless of what has happened. Sounds more like a cult to me.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'm w/ gdiamante...there are many many churches out there within which you can find the peace of Christ. I would not darken the doorstep of this church that had hurt my Mother so.
    Anonymous

• You can't step in the same river twice. I think the good feeling you used to have there will be gone, and I can't imagine wanting to go there after what happened with your mother.
    Anonymous

• I would not go. The culture there sounds toxic.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2010