How bad was your morning sickness??

Im 9 weeks pregnant, and since saturday Ive had the Worst ALL DAY morning sickness, ever... I mean I can only drink ice water, and eat saltine crackers.. and Pray it will stay down. and it was 24/7 until the doctor prescribed me a pill that helps with naseua, and its working a bit, but still dont have an appetitie. is this normal? did this happen to you?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 2:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it is normal. Yes it is happening to me too. I am 14 weeks and it is still happening to me.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• It's normal. I didn't have it that bad. Only certain foods upset my stomach.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• This may be TMI, but you did ask! Yeah, it was bad.

I threw up every 30 minutes around the clock for the first 16 weeks with my first pregnancy. I threw up so violently that many of the little veins around my eyes broke, and I lost so much weight my shoulder blades stuck out. So, besides feeling like I was dying, I also looked absolutely horrific.

With my second pregnancy I took 3 different anti-naseua drugs, and I still threw up at least 10 times a day. I had several morning sickness related injuries too. At one point while I was sick the seat to the toilet fell and hit my nose causing a nose bleed which I couldn't tend to until I was done being sick; it didn't break my nose, but it hurt really bad and left me looking like I'd been in a fight. Another time I pulled something in my neck while trying to make it to the toilet in time, and that injury led to muscles spasm in my face (worse pain than of my life).
    Anonymous

• Anon:34 again - It was bad, but it is worth it! GL! I hope you feel better soon.
    Anonymous

• had to get prescription Zofrain.... it was so bad. It works, ask your doc. GL honey and congrats
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• LOL, nope. I didn't have sickness with the first, and really not so far with this one either...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Mine was horrible...i was puking so often that i was almost hospitalized for dehydration and i was 13 weeks and have not gained any weight due to it....but then i got meds to help which did help but i slept most of the time:) I was sooo happy when the morning sickness phase ended! good luck
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Sounds like mine! With this pregnancy it went away around 18 weeks, but I still do throw up occasionally. With my first pregnancy I was sick the entire time... I was offered the medicine to make it "go away" but I declined both times. Hopfully it gets better for you! Just make sure you're drinking lots of fluids!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 4:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2010