Christian Question, Do you and/or your Church

observe the Memorial of Christs death? (Last Supper) if so when and what importance does it hold for you or do you/your Church see his Resurrection as more important?

lisarose45

Asked by lisarose45 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christ didn't die at the last supper.
    Anonymous

• We celebrate it at every mass. We emphasize Life, Death, and Resurrection equally. We celebrate what is called the Liturgical year. It starts with Advent (awaiting the Birth), Christmas (his birth), Epiphany (the coming of the wise men) then we have Lent where we remember his going to Jeruselam, Holy Thursday (washing of the feet), Good Friday (Christ dies), then Easter, (he rises from the dead). Pentecost (the coming of the Holy Spirit). In between we have Ordinary time where we celebrate and remember (as well as practice) all he taught us.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• the sacrifice of his death is so important.
    we have a thursday night service, for last supper, good friday service and sunday morning service.

ultimately, the resurection of Christ is the most important part. his power over death and sin is shown through that. had he died and not resurected it would not have accomplished the task he was sent for.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I don't have A CHURCH. I go with diff. family to diff. churches when I go. Reason explained in my post before I get insulted for that. However the church I use to attend did. They threw a carnival and egg hunt for kids on Easter. Tonight there is a concert and sermon. I personally do not and here is why. I do not need a day to remember I remember every day. Also I don't believe there is a for sure way to know when he was crucified, born exc. Today is just another day only with really great sales. No it is not more important then any other holiday whether that holiday is Christian, pagan, what ever. Before this comes up yes I celebrate Easter, Christmas, exc. However not with a religious focus, but with a time for family and kindness.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• "I don't have A CHURCH. I go with diff. family to diff. churches when I go. Reason explained in my post before I get insulted for that. However the church I use to attend did. They threw a carnival and egg hunt for kids on Easter. Tonight there is a concert and sermon. I personally do not and here is why. I do not need a day to remember I remember every day. Also I don't believe there is a for sure way to know when he was crucified, born exc. Today is just another day only with really great sales. No it is not more important then any other holiday whether that holiday is Christian, pagan, what ever. Before this comes up yes I celebrate Easter, Christmas, exc. However not with a religious focus, but with a time for family and kindness. "

Whatever floats your boat.
    Anonymous

• Our Wednesday night service was moved to Thursday night this week. Last night we had a meal together, then moved to the sanctuary and observed the Last Supper by participating in the Lord's Supper or communion as it is known in some churches. Our choir sang and the pastor explained the happenings on the night before Christ's death. When the service was over, we left the building in absolute silence until we were outside the building. It was a beautiful service, and we have never done it exactly like this before.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Our Catholic Church does celebrate this every Mass as Anna said. We had special services yesterday like she said washing feet and stripping the alter bare. We have readings today.
    Anonymous

• 11:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2010 by: Anonymous
    Christ didn't die at the last supper.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, I know that but when instituting the Memorial of his death Jesus said: “Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” (Lu 22:19; 1Co 11:24) because it was his death that gave us the hope of everlasting life.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• do you mean taking communion? the church i grew up in (Church of Christ) takes communion every Sunday "in remembrance of Him" as part of the worship service. it is very important and a moment of silence & reflection on the sacrifice Jesus made for us.

but there is nothing done in special remembrance for just this week or for Easter.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yes its called Holy Thrursday.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2010