How to clean a micro-fiber couch

We have a red micro-fiber couch, as i now realize probably wasn't the best decision with a 19 month old. I have tryd just a wet cloth it leaves a black stain, I have also tried resolve multi fabric cleaner it worked but it also left a dark stain.

mrsbean08

Asked by mrsbean08 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love microfiber... it cleans very easily...

Water/soap Or a carpet shampooer with the hand attachments. ( may not work on red's/purples )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have a micro fiber couch. If water is spilled on it and is allowed to dry it forms a ring from where it spread. I have a Bissell Little Green Machine and it makes my couches look like new every time. I have three dogs and use my machine about every two weeks. It even took out a set in red wine stain. Look it up and hopefully it will work for you. I paid $80 for the machine and the cleaner is like $10 bucks and will last me around 6-8 weeks.
    modaddict17

Answer by modaddict17 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Also I forgot to add that my couches are beige. Your stains might show up dark because your couch is dark.
    modaddict17

Answer by modaddict17 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• will it also remove the water stains
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have a brown micro fiber couch that my in laws bought us for Christmas because we need a new one and they the micro fiber would be easy to clean will they were wrong. I clean mind almost everyday because my son is always spilling something and it's leaves dry stain on the couch. I use warm soap and water dip a sponge into the water and wipe down my couch. This is the only way I can get my couch clean but I will never buy this kind of couch again.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Try Windex... seriously. My sister has a white microfiber (not smart considering she has a toddler and a baby, and all of my kids- we visit often - are messy boys) and she cleans it w/ windex. Mine's a brown microfiber but I use the foaming resolve.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• i use woollite...dilute in bowl with warm water use a white cloth and clean the dirt ..you will see it on the cloth...then to get the excess water off use a towel rub kinda hard esp around the edges where it was wet...will dry even and smell nice too...i also have a 4 peice dark brown set... i love it ...
    Graciemae829

Answer by Graciemae829 at 5:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2010