Is 9:30 to early to knock on the manager's door to pay the rent?

I usually pay the rent on the 1st in the late afternoon after the mail runs by with the check. Yesterday our mail came really late and we didn't get our check cashed until 9:00 p.m. so I decided not to bug the manager that late since the rent isn't late until the 5th anyway. I went this morning to her apartment to pay the rent about 9:30 and I woke her up with the knocking on the door. There are no listed office hours. She got all mad at me for waking her up but I didn't think I went that early. I mean, this is the time of the month where you collect rent why are you still in bed? She took the money order from me and is going to give me a receipt later on today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Well it's harder when it's a live in apt. manager. Who knows what their real hours are. You can look into what they should be, and if she should be awake to accept rent etc, by 9am or what not.

I personally try not to go to peoples houses before 10am, I don't call friends before 10am... However this isn't just a friend it's paying rent. So kinda different.

If she seems bothered, ask her, well what time AM are you available and awake for me to deliver this to you? See what she says and verify it with her boss? Seems 9am or after should be expected...

Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I don't think so... I've been at work for an hour by that time
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• No that is not to early. Maybe she needs to learn a better sleeping schedule since she is the manager of an apartment building. Your right it is that time of the month for rent. Our office opens at 7 am.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Most apartment offices are open at 9:00 on weekdays.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. are considered normal business hours. You were not out of line, she was for being rude to you. I hope she was embarrassed.
    Anonymous

• I would tell her to please post her hours of operation. On her door. then you will not bug her  at the wrong time.

Answer by louise2 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2010