Have you tried the Bounce Dryer Bar? What did you think of it?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 3:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, and I like it. It makes everything that goes into the dryer smell so fresh and clean, and the scent is pretty long lasting.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I'd like to try it, but does it replace dryer sheets?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Yes, it replaces dryer sheets. They have 2 versions, one that is supposed to last 2 months and one that lasts 4 months. As it wears away on to your clothes, you see REPLACE appear on the plastic backing so you know when it's not working anymore.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• But what if you are like me and forget to take the clothes out of the dryer right away? What if a piece of clothing is lying on the bar?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Sucked sucked sucked sucked sucked! It worked for about a week, and then it broke up into little pieces and I was finding balls of it melted into my clothes. Worst thing I ever bought.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 5:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I haven't had a problem with leaving clothes in the dryer. The dryer bar works because clothes rub up against it when the dryer is running. It doesn't rub off on clothes if they are just sitting on top of it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• I have been buying it for about 6 mos. now and I have never had 1 fall apart & everything always smells fresh. I do at least 1 load a day and the 2 month bar lasted me almost 3 mos. (I dry clothes on medium heat) and the 4 month bar isn't even 1/2 way done and in a month we'll hit 4 mos.. I won't buy anything else. BTW, I leave clothes in over night and it doesn't stain the clothes.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Tried it, LOVED it!! Can't wait to get another! Mine didn't crumble at all and took well over 4 months to deplete. I got the 2 month bar before Christmas and used it up til a couple weeks ago. My MIL got one and it crumbled tho.
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 11:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• Well do you know why it crumbled
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2010

• My mom put one in my dryer and Dh and I hated it. He didn't like the way it smelled and my clothes were still really static-y. As soon as she left that weekend I threw it away and went back to my dryer sheets.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 7, 2010